Bible Quotes in Paper 117
Click on the Bible Verse to See the Quote in Context
1279.7 divine affection, men can aspire
- (John 15:9 KJV) As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye
in my love.
- (John 17:18-23 KJV) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also
sent them into the world.
1281.6 "I am the living way,"
- (John 14:6 KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- (Heb 10:20 KJV) By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us,
through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
1281.last image of God
- (Gen 1:27 KJV) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God
created he him; male and female created he them.
- (Gen 9:6 KJV) Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for
in the image of God made he man.
1283.2 live, move, and have our being
- (Acts 17:28 KJV) For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain
also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
first loves man
- (1 John 4:19 KJV) We love him, because he first loved us.
"The act is
ours, the consequences God's."
- (1 Cor 3:6 KJV) I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. (1 Cor 3:7 KJV) So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he
that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. (1 Cor 3:8 KJV) Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every
man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. (1 Cor 3:9 KJV) For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's
husbandry, ye are God's building.
1287.1 "This is the way."
- (Isa 30:21 KJV) And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is
the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the
"He is the within and the without of all things and beings,
moving and quiescent. Unrecognizable in his mystery, though distant, yet is he
(Not in Bible).
"the form of the yet unformed, the pattern of the yet
(Not in Bible).
"How universal is the Supreme ó he is on all sides!
The limitless things of creation depend on his presence for life, and none are
(Not in Bible).
1289.4 All true love is from God
- (1 John 4:7 KJV) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and
every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
The Fatherís love
can become real to mortal man only by passing through that manís personality
- (1 John 4:20 KJV) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a
liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God
whom he hath not seen?
1290.8 no respecter of persons
- (Acts 10:34 KJV) Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive
that God is no respecter of persons:
- (2 Chr 19:7 KJV) Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take
heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of
persons, nor taking of gifts.
- (Job 34:19 KJV) How much less to him that accepteth not the persons of
princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor? for they all are the work of
- (Rom 2:11 KJV) For there is no respect of persons with God.
- (Gal 2:6 KJV) But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's
person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
- (Eph 6:9 KJV) And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing
threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there
respect of persons with him.